Sorry about the hiatus from posting, guys. Things have been a little crazy around here, but alas, that’s life. Today, I am so excited to share my first Wish List with ya’ll. Recently, I spent a few hours rearranging and organizing my room a bit. I hung some art work and organized my closet. Afterwords, I realized that my room feels a little unfinished. The walls are painted a very light cream color – not stark white, but white – which creates such a great contrast with the dark hard wood floors. However, this also makes me aware of how bare the walls are. Anyways, looking around my room I made a list of necessary (and some over-the-budget, yet totally awesome) items that would add the finishing touches to my bedroom by bringing in some color and character.
1. Nightstand Lamp: This one is absolutely necessary. I often read before going to bed, but once I am ready to hit the hay, I have to get out of bed to shut the light off. Not my favorite scenario. Bring in the lamp and once I’m done reading, I can shut it off, roll over and drift off to sleep.
2. Accent Pillow: It just would not be right without any yellow added into my room. Pillows are a great way to add color and pattern (two of my favorite things) into a room. I have been pretty selective with the pillows that I purchase and I think this one makes the cut.
3. Wall Banner: I have seen some pretty great wall banners out there and I am ready to jump on that bandwagon. I love the subtle blue color and the vintage vibe it would add to a room. This would be a great D-Y-I, don’t you think?
4. Buffalo Sculpture: What I love most about this buffalo is that it reminds me of the family road / camping trip we took to Yellowstone a few years ago. Anything that reminds me of that trip instantly becomes a necessity in my book.
5. More plants: Yes, more plants, please. I never really thought of myself as having a green thumb, but I have successfully kept alive the plants I have right now. So why not add a few more? I love bringing a little bit of nature inside the home.
6. Mirror: The mirror, which I’ve had since my dorm-room days, thats adorning my wall right now needs a serious upgrade. I picked this mirror specifically for it’s simplicity and the texture the wood grain.
9. Artwork, specifically a painting: There is just something about paintings that I love. I think it has to do with the fact I can not paint, and wish so desperately that I could. But that’s a story for another day. This painting by Kia Samuel Davis is beautiful. I love the colors, the brushstrokes, the portrait, okay, everything about this painting.