Notice: Use of undefined constant user_level - assumed 'user_level' in /home/muellk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-google-analytics/ultimate_ga.php on line 524
Notice: Array to string conversion in /home/muellk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-google-analytics/ultimate_ga.php on line 701
Happy Tuesday! Since I am turning 25 on Saturday, I found it appropriate to do a fun post today and let you in on 25 (completely random) things you probably didn’t know about me! Here goes nothing:
1. Recently I have accepted the fact that I am no longer have blonde hair. When I was a kid, I was super blonde. A few months, I swallowed my true blonde pride and got it colored for the second time ever in my life. It’s an ombre, I love it.
2. I volunteer at an art museum and love that my small town has paintings of such renowned artists, like Picasso, Matisse, Van Gogh, Monet, Gauguin, Cézanne, Turner, Constable, O’Keeffe, and so many more. It’s incredible.
3. I loved (okay, still love) *Nsync. When I was younger, I had a club with my sister and a few friends. We would trade posters and obsess over JT; it was awesome.
4. Pizza and tacos are my favorite foods. Gyros and sweet potatoes are a close second.
5. My family calls me the water wizard because I love to swim. They don’t know that sometimes I have a completely irrational fear of sharks in the deep end.
6. I studied abroad in Rome for a summer. It has always been a dream of mine and it is one of the very best things I have ever done. I gained so much confidence, learned a ton, and met some of the funniest people ever. I never laughed so much than I did in Italy. My roommates and the city of Rome will forever hold a very dear place in my heart.
7. I wanted to be park ranger for about a semester. Then I discovered design.
8. I have one sister. She has always been my best friend and I am her maid of honor in her wedding coming up this September.
9. Speaking on my sister, we have match sister tattoos on our feet. It’s the only one I have but, I have been wanting another…soon!
10. Tuck Everlasting is my favorite book because it changed the way I look at life. It taught me that I don’t need to fear death, I need to fear the unlived life. We don’t have to live forever, we just have to live.
11. One of the favorite moments of my life was when I was at a small Joshua Radin concert at the Hard Rock Cade in Rome with some friends I had met over there. It was his birthday and his first time playing in Italy. The whole night was pretty fantastic and at his last song he pointed to the back of the crowd, where we were standing and said ‘I’m going to play this last one back there.” Then made his way to right in front of us. In that moment I looked around and realized how great this life is and that dreams do come true.
12. One Tree Hill is always be my number one TV show. I will forever have a crush on Lucas Scott. Scandal, Once Upon A Time, New Girl, and Last Man Standing are other favorites.
13. My favorite halloween costume was when I dressed up as santa.
14. Going to Prague was my entire family’s first time outside of the states. It was amazing and only fueled my wanderlust.
15. I have an insurmountable love for broadway musicals. My first broadway show was The Lion King in New York. I could go on and on about the how the lyrics and the music are amazingly genius, but I’ll save that for another time. My other favorites are Wicked, RENT, Shrek, and Legally Blonde. Embarrassingly, I probably know all the lyrics to every song in those shows.
16. I will never get sick of watching Burlesque or Miss Congeniality, but Fried Green Tomatoes is my all time favorite movie. Side Note: the Five People You Met in Heaven always makes me bawl like a baby.
17. My middle name, Jane, probably has more significance than my first name. My Aunt Jane, who is always my Godmother, came up with name. She doesn’t exactly remember how, but I love it nevertheless. My mother is the oldest of her siblings, as am I, and her middle name is Jane too. I am looking forward to passing on the tradition of the middle name Jane to my first born daughter.
18. I won the D.A.R.E. essay and still have that stuffed animal dude to prove it.
19. I have a pretty large, close family. My cousins are like siblings to me. We all are relatively close in age and grew up together. It makes my heart so happy to see that as we have gotten older, we have stayed close. I hope this continues as time goes on.
20. You will rarely see me without glasses on. If I don’t have them on, I will probably run into a wall.
21. I love playing any type of game…except mind games, of course. Favorites include Clue, Risk, Settlers of Catan, Laser Tag, Canasta, Phase Ten, and Four Square.
22. I miss school (all levels of it…grade school, middle school, high school, college). I love learning. For the most part I even loved homework, especially worksheets, those were great! Now I live vicariously through my cousins are still in school.
23. I love Paul Bunyan. I think he symbolizes many things I love, like going up north every summer to our cabins with my mom’s side. It’s a tradition to make a day trip to Bemidji, MN to his statue and to some cute shops there. I also have a huge love for his story and how it relates to MN and our 10,000 lakes.
24. Moose are my favorite animals. Whales are a close second. I love seeing animals in their natural habit. I think it’s one of the most beautiful things and dream about going whale watching.
25. I can’t sing or carry a beat. It’s bad. I didn’t make choir in high school. We had to try out for it in front of others in high school. It was embarrassing at the time, but now I’ll admit it freely and it doesn’t stop me from jamming out in my car or randomly bursting out in song…and dance. If I could have any wish granted it would be to be a broadway star.
Let’s hear from you – what’s something random about you? I’d love to know!
P.S. Don’t forget to enter the Birthday in a Box giveaway!